Helping To Protect Your Legacy
Hazel Sanchez's practice includes all aspects of estate planning and probate, including Wills and trusts, wealth transfer strategies, creation and succession of closely owned businesses, structuring grantor retained annuity trusts, committed couple planning, marital property agreements, probate and estate administration, and estate and gift taxation. She is Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Prior to joining the firm, her practice in Louisiana, and later in Texas, included probate, real estate, commercial litigation and transactions, personal injury and professional negligence litigation, and family law.
Hazel received her Juris Doctor from Loyola University of New Orleans, School of Law. She was licensed in Louisiana in 1987 and in Texas in 2005.
Hazel is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest ranking for competence and ethical standards. She has been selected as a Top-Rated Lawyer in Trusts and Estates by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell. She is a member of The College of the State Bar of Texas, the Texas and Louisiana Bar Associations, the Austin Bar Association's Estate Planning and Probate Section, and the Texas Bar Association's Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section.
Hazel has written and presented on the topics: Key Provisions in Wills & Trusts that Can Make or Break You, State Bar of Texas, June 26, 2012, in San Antonio, Texas, and Putting It All Together: Strategies for Intermediate Planning, State Bar of Texas, June 25, 2013, Houston, Texas.
Her philanthropic interests include the St. Jude Children's Hospital, the Wounded Warrior Project, St. Edward's University, and Knowbility, a non-profit dedicated to making the web more accessible for those with disabilities.
- Estate Planning
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Juris Doctor
- Louisiana, 1987
- Texas, 2005
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Top Rated Lawyer, Trusts and Estates, American Lawyer Media
- Top Rated Lawyer, Trusts and Estates, Martindale-Hubbell
Classes & Seminars
- St. Jude Children's Hospital
- Wounded Warrior Project
- St. Edward's University
- Key Provisions in Wills & Trusts that Can Make or Break You, State Bar of Texas, San Antonio, Texas, June 26, 2012
- Putting It All Together: Strategies for Intermediate Planning, State Bar of Texas, Houston, Texas, June 25, 2013
Fraternities or Sororities
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- The College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Texas Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Bar Association, Member
- Austin Bar Association, Estate Planning and Probate Section, Member
- Texas Bar Association, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member